Sunday, December 25, 2005

Four hours is a lot of Pizza (Stealing from Skankin Pickle)


Well it has been a while but the four of us (plus two) went out and had lunch on Sunday the 18th. We were going to try and be creative and go to a Mediterranean restaurant but it was closed so we checked out another little establishment but the $18.50 brunch buffet scared us away literally we were afraid. So at the end of all this we ended up at the Green Mill. It actually was the original Green Mill, so that was kind of cool.
The reason for our gathering was that Scott is heading back to L.A. for about a month and it was our last chance to see him for a while. I know Green Mill is not something exotic but it was still a bit of an adventure.
General set up: We went to the Green Mill off of Grand and Hamline after church.
People who went: Nathan, Scott, Mitch, Heidi, Steph and myself. Heidi couldn't stay too long and Scott and to head out at about three but Mitch, Nathan, Steph and myself were there until like four or something. Wow what an afternoon. O.K. so some of us will post comments and reviews.

3 Comments:

Blogger Caleb M. Saarela said...

The rating system I will be using is blades on a turbine on top of the Green Mill. I think a really great turbine would have 53 blades so I will give them a rating on each one and then average it. On a side note the name “Green Mill” comes from a British Mathematician and his work on mills (I kind of made that up but I sound a little smart). There is a link to my source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Green

O.K. so what do we judge these restaurants on again I forgot.

1. Friendly Staff: Our server was great I mean we sat in that booth forever and she didn’t even give us any dirty looks. She got Heidi’s food out fast (she had to go) (Heidi, not our server). So they get 47 out of 53 blades.
2. Cheesy background music: Yea, they had it. The music was like KDWB hot forty hits from like the last decade. There were a few good songs here and there like “Learn to Fly” by the Foo Fighters, but mostly crap. We even got some old N’Sync. It was pretty awful. So they get 10 out of 53 blades and nine of those are from the one Foo song.
3. General Look: I liked the look of the place kind of old time(y). I like the colors of the place. We sat in this very long booth, with a big window that looked out onto Hamline, all six of us fit in it. I would have liked to hang out in the bar it seemed nice. I also like that neighborhood it has a small town feel; I think maybe I’m crazy… They had TV’s in the restaurant part and not just in the bar, which I don’t really like. So they get 45 out of 53 blades.
4. Cheapness: I thought it was cheap. Scott, Mitch, and myself split a pizza and I had a beer and it was reasonable and I felt satisfied I think it was like eight bucks for each of us for the pizza. The beer was actually pretty expensive, but it was a micro brew so it was a reasonable price for micro brews. So I guess I give them a 45 out of 53 blades.
5. Aftereffects: None. 53 out of 53.
6. Food and Drink: We had the Deep Dish Hawaiian Pizza. I really enjoyed it. It was not like the most overwhelmingly amazing pizza ever, but it was satisfying it was like a B+. I also had a pint of their Red Irish beer that they brew there. It was great it was totally worth the price freshly brewed beer is awesome, and this brew did not disappoint. So final score for food and drink 49 out of 53 blades.

O.K. seventh grade algebra don’t fail me now must find average… 41.5 out of 53 blades. Not bad…
What made the meal great was the fact that we hung out forever and had a pretty good conversation about tons of stuff. It was good thanks for being my friends, my mom will send out your checks next week.
Merry Christmas
Caleb M. Saarela

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never got my check, caleb....

5:05 PM  
Blogger Caleb M. Saarela said...

My Bad, My Bad

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home